Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tuesday Ramblings 1

Sorry I am very behind in answering questions left on blog or e-mailed so here goes catch up. Did we lose weight in China? Mama's answer - YES! I think it was a combination of things. FIRST: We walked a lot! I might have lost the entire 8 pounds on the Great Wall of China!! Seriously, we walked so so so many places, all the time. SECOND: The heat! WOW those 90 degree temps and 100% humidity - yup that will shed some pounds. Thank goodness for that really really inexpensive laundry service ohhhh we miss that! THIRD: Fresh food! The broccoli for example (aweeee Poppy and I drool all the time thinking about that yummy fresh broccoli in that amazing garlic sauce). The food was very fresh and very healthy so that will shed some pounds. FOURTH: No dessert. This is a big one. We rarely saw dessert served, offered etc.. Nothing at all like here. It was a pleasant change. Poppy and I often talk about how good we felt after a meal in China. FIFTH: Busy busy. Yes that might have had something to do with it. Less time to eat our food as we were busy busy tending to Laney. Poppy and I did a great tag team but still all new to us so I am sure that it made a small difference. LASTLY: Weights, well 1 weight and her name is Laney! Carrying 21 pounds around for 21 days (huh 21/21 never noticed that) yup that will shed a few pounds too. OK enough babbling. I tend to journal a lot less on the blog these days since I have been journaling in a hardcover book daily for little Miss. Truth be told you guys just want to look at pictures anyways HUH - LOL.

No comments: