Tuesday, November 16, 2010

play doh, scissors, list, storytime

A few things that have made us chuckle in the past few weeks:
Laney loves Play doh.  She never had any at home but loved it at playgroup/school.  So we bought a little bit for home and wow....................the amount of time she can spend making all kinds of imaginative creations with that play doh really allows me to cook dinner - lovin in.  Why did we wait so long to get
play doh?
We have a pair of playdoh scissors and she loves them and cracks us up how she talks about them all the time.  She calls them her "Lizzors"  So cute the way it sounds with pure excitement "Laney's lizzors".
I am a big list person.  I have lists, I make lists, I use lists so why should I be surprised that everywhere we go Laney says "Laney's own List" holding a piece of paper.  She happily tells everyone in every store that she has her own list, same as mommy.  It is precious really.
We had family story time the other night.  Laney on daddy's lap in the big nursery chair and mommy at their side in the little nursery chair and Maui and Tiki cuddled on the floor at our feet.  It was a story she had never picked before and it was long.  As we got to the middle (she was very into this story) Daddy and I both looked at each other and said "huh I'm really curious to see how this ends" we all just started laughing.  Seriously I think we were so into the story and hoping Laney would sit through it all cause we so wanted to see how it ended.  Well she did sit through the whole thing (she loves books) and we got to find out what happened at the end of Lady's Christmas Surprise/Disney's Lady and the Tramp.
Well that was a bunch of Laney talk so tomorrow more pictures :)

No comments: