Monday, July 16, 2012

Mayor

We were invited to story time with the Mayor.  So I did the normal thing in the car I always do before we head into somewhere. I explain where we are going, what it is about and how I expect her to behave.  A quick regular chat. We get in and all the kids sit on the reading rug (mom's behind the kids in chairs).  The mayor says hello, my name is and my little ones says "excuse me, he says yes, she says I know where you work, he says you do, she says you work at the United States of the America Mr Mayor.  He laughed and said and I thought you were gonna say City Hall.  She was such a good girl and so cute and proud to meet the Mayor. He handed out bookworm tshirts which she immediately put on over her pretty dress.  CUTE moments I don't want to forget to write down ;)

No comments: