Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Care Package

April 28, 2008 our daughter was born. So how does today feel being her 1st birthday? Her being there and us being here? The tears are flowing for many reasons. HAPPY TEARS: Still on cloud 900, smiling from ear to ear just so overjoyed that we have a daughter and we are closer than ever to becoming a family. SAD TEARS: We of course wish we could hug her, tell her how much we love her, sing to her, read to her, hold her hand and oh this list goes on and on. TEARS OF GRATITUDE: Personally today I cry thinking about how grateful I am to a women who I will never know. I know her in my heart. I carried this baby in my heart for so so so long. Today I take a moment to shed a tear for the birth-mother who gave me the chance to be a mother. I am here crying missing my baby, I can only imagine how difficult this was for the birth-mother and today I shed tears of gratitude.
Now lets put a smile on! Care package # 2 has arrived and this is so cool ............ a birthday cake from a bakery in China has been delivered to the orphanage!!! The care package had a letter from us (translated into Chinese of course), A panda stuffed animal with a Chinese shirt on. A disposable camera (which in the letter I practically beg them to take pictures of Laney with her birthday cake and give us the camera when we get there). Oh and some more treats for the nannies. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LANEY YAN GE MAMA & POPPY LOVE YOU. ENJOY THE BIRTHDAY CAKE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy First Birthday Laney! We are thinking of you and your Momma and Poppy today! We Love You!
Jo and Family

J + MB + Natalee said...

Happy Birthday Laney. I used Ann at Redthreads also, she is great. Regards, MB