Thursday, May 14, 2009

Initiation into the Mama Hood

Ok so I am behind and this happened on April 26th but....blogging is new to me remember :) (click on photo to make bigger)


How much do the adoptive Mama's rock!! They do think of everything! I got this invite - so cute it said "It's time to welcome another sister into the ranks of MAMA HOOD! Time to unveil all the "secrets" that come with that prized title. Soooo... bring your funniest "kids say the darnedest things", your favorite quote/song, your most humbling "you know you are a Mommy when...." story and throw a few tricks of the trade for good measure.

I got gifts and goodies, there was food, food more and food (ladybug shaped brownies, chocolate mousse and so much more). A homemade book of amazing Mama help! A traditional Youlan tea ceremony from a family born in China!! Henna tattoos of the Chinese symbol complete on our ankles (crack me up)! They made me do things like put on a baby carrier while they cried like a baby for me to hurry up (LOL). So wearing the baby Bjorn they put an Asian baby doll in and some dumbbell weights and made me wear it all night - so funny. Oh and of course they had me visit the ladies room wearing the baby also. Good practice! Amazing night, amazing friends!

No comments: