Thursday, January 26, 2012

CNY in pictures




We spent the day doing dragon crafts and than did a dragon dance parade - FUN . We read books about Chinese New Year. We than went to our favorite Chinese restaurant for dinner. The food is soooooooooo good there we cannot find it like that anywhere else (except how I long to go back to China and eat all that out of this world food of course). We tipped our waitress with a red envelope and we talked to the husband and wife owners and their son who is 1 year older than Laney it was fun. We gave Laney some little gifts and had a real nice small family gathering. On the way home we agreed  we did miss seeing our other friends and the connections with the other little girls adopted and dressed up in their traditional Chinese clothes.  We missed seeing the loads of families and the love of those other families too. Laney said on the way home "Momma where all my cousins from China - LOL! I think she meant her friends who were also adopted from China. Oh and I know no family photos but I have to say I really bought incorrectly in China for myself.  I bought 3 things, all fine, thin silk and all short sleeve - brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  I don't live in the correct climate for that.  And DaddyO well we were waiting in the car for him in the driveway so we could rush off to our fav place to eat (which is out of town).  CNY on a weeknight is not as easy as on a weekend ;) sooooooooooooo no family shots (yet atleast). CNY is a celebartion that lasts 15 days ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we had fun - but missed seeing you too - hope to see you all again soon. xoxo Sanna