Saturday, January 28, 2012

reminded of how much she has been through

I thought keep this reminder private or share???  Than I thought some may read this and it may help them??  Some may read this and it may remind them??  So I share............
Laney found joy in being asked to be a 1st time flower girl in an upcoming special wedding. So we got the dress and had to go for a fitting just to take it in a tiny bit.  As she tried on the dress and looked in the mirror (mommy and daddy both by her side) she smiled and politely said thank you to the nice tailor complimenting how adorable she looked. She giggled at her fashion self in the 3 way mirror and than the tailor reached for a pin and the screech could be heard from far (very far).  The tears were flowing and she panicked.  She cried so much and it was awful!  The pin never came near her but she screamed "no needles, no pinch, no needles".  It was pure and utter fear in that girl and it was awful!  Long story short we talked calmly once at home. We cuddled and she sobbed and said "I not sick,  not want needles, not want blood, not want pinch".  We may never know but the poor girl may have been thinking who knows what from China, all the medical tests she went through trying to leave China, all she went though when she came home and we found the milk allergy and the years of living with that.  I tried to prepare her and explained what the fitting would be like before we went but the fear of seeing a pin took over and it was like flashbacks went through her mind.  All I am saying is some people have said to me "oh she does not remember any of that stuff from her past" I say BULL! No one can say for sure what memories, what fears she has. How can they say, they have not been adopted, they have not been in an orphanage, they are not my daughter.  It just reminds me all she has been through and I for one am amazed by her brave and amazing self.  The fitting may not have been what I expected but this little girl is everything I could have ever dreamed of!!!!

No comments: