Monday, May 24, 2010

1 Year ago (May 24th)

May 24th 2009 was the the day we first held our daughter in our arms! ( May 25th our adoption was finalized)

Although it will always be a special day for me in my heart, I feel like I have to be fully aware of the sadness our daughter may have had to endure on that day and the days that followed. She lost everything she knew. As an adoptive parent what I experienced as a joyous occasion could have been a confusing experience for our daughter. So today we will remember, we will be together as a family of 3 (no work for daddy today - yippee) and we will celebrate a little bit but we will keep it low key in honor of the special girl we love!
I will write details in her journal but what keeps running through my head right now is............Laney you are Mama's dream come true, I adore you. Life with you is truly magical. 1 year ago you changed my life. You grew in my heart for so long and to finally hold you in my arms rocked my world! Your daddy & I are so lucky to call you our daughter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHH what a sweet and touching day, Laney is so blessed to have you both as parents. Mary Beth

Robert and Amy Robinson said...

Good Post Kelly, have a good day today.

Amy, Rob, and Sydney

Michele said...

Awwwww, I'm crying after reading your post! You are all truely blessed!