Friday, January 1, 2010

When Mama is sick she hears funny things

I have to journal this because I am cracking up. I was in bed sick for 2 days a few days back (ok that part is not funny). I got a very high fever and Mark stayed home to care for Laney as the doctor said bed ridden for me. I began to feel better and got the laptop in bed because like I said I was cracking up in there. I heard everything those 2 were up to out there. As he gets her dressed for music class:
* "I think this matches"
* "oh you don't need a bow in your hair today"
* "which coat - woo that is a lot of coats"
* "shoes, boots, holy cow this closet"
More funny things I have heard over those few days:
* "Dada's work is never done"
* "no playing near the dishwasher"
* "Are you serious, you want to eat AGAIN???"
After he came home from a run to the store with Laney:
Me: All go ok?
Him: uh, not really?
Me: What's wrong?
Him: things are just more fun when Mama is with us.
uhhhhhhhhhhhhh melt my heart. Ya know it is true the 3 of us have such a blast together. It is so simple to have fun for us as a family of 3.
A few more things:
Him: Does she always eat this many times a day?
Me: laughing - Yes.
Me: Honey are you going to put shoes on her to go out to the store?
Him: why?
me: cause she walks?
hee hee silly daddy!
Also:
I never realized how many times a day Laney says Mama. I would have guessed maybe 25 but now I think it is more like 225!! I tell you it is funny at time to listen but also so hard. I missed her so much. I missed hugging her, I missed our cuddle time, I missed playing, I missed singing and dancing, I missed being a hands on Mama. Being sick stinks but I knew I didn't want her to get what I had so I stayed in bed and listened to the funny things they said. Oh and by the way my hubby does rock because in between all of this he took really good care of me, Laney, Maui, Tiki and the house. LOVE that man!

3 comments:

CTClaire said...

I am cracking up here!!! How sweet, and I am so glad you shared..... E.

Jo said...

I love this! You and Mark are so great with her! love to hear the conversations!

m114230 said...

Funny! Thanks for sharing.