Friday, January 22, 2010

Snaps ,Zippers and More

Unfortunately Laney knows how to undo snaps and how to unzip zippers. You fellow Mama's know where this is going don't you............ Picture this: Those warm and fuzzy adorable feet pajamas that zip up and have the snap across the top to prevent little ones from unzipping. Well yup little miss Laney decided she knew how to unsnap that snap, unzip that zipper and take those pajamas right off. This is where the "more" comes in............She decided to go for it all and say I know how to undo adhesive too. So off with my diaper (thankfully this was not a full diaper moment). I will save those pictures for our memory books and not the blog (we did take tons of pictures and video so we can someday all crack up over this - silly silly girl).
  • Note # 1 - I think potty training is in our very near future.
  • Note # 2- All that waiting to be a mama reading came in handy because I recalled reading about putting the diaper on backwards to prevent her from being able to take it off (which I have to say is not an easy task).
  • Note # 3- Better than note # 2 is to retire the feet PJ's and use the no feet ones and put those on backwards. (hopefully her little toes will stay warm and it is not uncomfortable for her to have PJ's on backwards)?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We never used the footed Pj's, Natalee did not like them. Just bare feet for her, she does not like socks at night either. I am sure it was very cute to see. MB

CTClaire said...

I am sitting here, cracking up!! She is one smart cookie, but, not smarter than Mama!!!

m114230 said...

Oh, what a site that must have been! She probably had a smile from ear to ear, right? It certainly makes for funny family memories! My little one loved (still does) snaps too. So much that I gave her one of my crew shirts to play with that had snaps down the front. She would sit for a good half hour at least and snap, snap, snap, then rip it open and repeat. I still have that shirt......I don't think I'll ever get rid of it. Funny, too, that if I'm getting dressed, she loves to help me by looping and buckling my belt, buttoning my buttons, zipping me up and giving me the "Ok, Mama!" you're good to go. Thanks for sharing your stories, Kel, I love every one of them. PS: I dont think I'd be coordinated enough to put a diaper on backwards :). Would't it be funny if she started to dress up her dollies with their pajamas and diapers on backwards!