Friday, October 22, 2010

Hi Laurie











Laurie (2010 winner for best kids music CD) is awesome!  Laney has loved her music videos on Noggin/Nick Jr, DVDs and Cd's for over a year now.  She dances and sings and squeals with excitement "Hi Laurie" whenever she sees or hears her.  So when we heard there was a live happy birthday concert she was putting on we decided we HAD to be there!  It was so exciting.  All day we danced around the house singing her songs and took a family photo before we went.  Than it was off to the show (with birthday hats and animals for our heads (yes the tickets said to bring these things).  Get ready...........................I cried my eyes out (I know I know your laughing right now) I was honestly just moved by the fact that I had our daughter on my lap, her daddy by our side and it finally was happening.  These children events that I had longed for, these mommy things.  I cherish them and often they move me to tears.  As I looked at Laney and heard her squeal with excitement "hi Laurie" I cried at the happiness that beamed from her.  It was a great show and Laney danced her little buns off.  Not to mention sang, clapped and giggled none stop.  As we put on her coat to leave she said "sad over Momma"  OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

4 comments:

Michele said...

I was waiting to see this post. I am so glad that she enjoyed herself. I remember taking Kailei to see Clifford live when she was three. She was also so excited. It is so special to watch your child enjoy life! Enjoy every moment!!

Anonymous said...

O Laney, it looks like you had a ball. Love the coat. MB

masala mama said...

Laurie has two fans in our house, too! If you get tired of her songs, try Justin Roberts. His song, Tickle My Toes, is a great one.

Anonymous said...

What a blast - hooray for you all!!!