Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Thank you - update to indecisive help post

Thank you for the e-mails and the comment postings on my indecisive help post http://2bigkidsinlovebuildafamilytolove.blogspot.com/2011/02/indecisive-help.html
So many of you offered help, advice, opinions and some really good laughs.  Yes many of you have me pegged.  I am a rule follower and if there was a rule book that said hey1st time Momma at age 2 you do this and age 3 you do that I would say OK I will follow the rules - LOL. Also many of you hit the nail on the head as it is not Laney who is not ready it is Momma who is not ready.  To cut the hair and loss the baby look, to loss the baby crib - yup it is me who waited so long to become a mother and it is going by way to fast ;)!
# 1  - Crib sheets equal no fun, OK good point.  It makes me hug hubby a little tighter since it is a shared job on Sunday's (my hubby does rock). OK so....................... the decision is FINALLY for Laney's 3rd birthday we will convert the crib to a toddler bed (and I will cry).  We have started talking it up and she seems excited.  Thank you guys!
# 2 - We are lucky to have pictures of Laney from 3 weeks old.  About 15 pictures in total from 3 weeks until she was 13months old when met finally held her in our arms.  It appears she had her head shaved at least once.  OK so....................... the decision is FINALLY for Laney's 3rd birthday we will get her 1st hair cut (and I will cry). We have started talking it up and she seems excited. Thank you guys!  Oh should I put a disclaimer here :) Ok I am an emotional Momma and subject to change my mind - LOL.
# 3 - I did some research on Lent and I found that many give up a vice, add something that will bring them closer to their faith and give extra to charity.  Well the charity part is easy.  Many of you know Half The Sky Foundation is near and dear to our hearts.  We thank them for being such a tremendous part of Laney's first 13 months of life.  http://www.halfthesky.org/
The closer to faith part well that was part of our families New Year, new beginnings, positive adjustment goals. We have taken huge strides on that front and feel wonderful about those.
The vice part OK this was tough but finally.............the decision is made and I feel good about it.  See I do not sit still long enough to read books.  If I start to read a page I feel guilty and say I should clean, organize, work, make a list, plan this or that, research this or that, blog, spend time with hubby (or Laney or the doggies).  I just never sit down and let myself relax and get lost in a book.  Well I consider this a vice, a bad practice that I have and I want to change it so............................ I got a gift for Christmas that is near and dear to my heart.  It has an amazingly touching heartfelt inscription (thanks Mom) and I know it will prove to be a great read (not to mention Laney's name is in the book)!
"Bound by Love" is an opportunity to participate in the story of Lily, Josh and CCAI -- a portion of each sale goes to the Chinese Children Charity Fund, which works to better the lives of orphans in China. "Bound by Love" is the collaboration of adoptive parents: The author, editor, artist and publisher are all parents of Chinese children. Inside you'll find stories of Lily and Joshua's families as well as Lily's childhood, hers and Joshua's courtship and move to the United States, the beginnings of CCAI, pictures, maps and more. Author: Linda Droeger
http://www.chinacharm.org/product/c6e28439-76ee-43aa-9dd7-e1c6112d00ad.aspx
So my 40 days of Lent will be spent trying to change a bad habit I have and trying to sit down, relax and enjoy a good book!
I was about to hit post on this and read it to hubby and he said OH?? For Lent he was raised giving up your favorite thing not a vice.  Ohhhhhhh Brother!?@?*?

No comments: